Driver restrictions in your hired campervan
There will be some variance in restrictions on who may hire or drive their vehicles, depending on the campervan or motorhome rental company:
- All companies will require that the driver have a current and valid driver's licence -- if the licence is not in English then an English translation will be required.
- Generally, campervans and motorhomes can be driven on a standard car driver's licence.
- Minimum age limits vary: most companies require the driver to be at least 21, however some allow from 18 upward.
- There may also be:
- A maximum age limit.
- An extra charge for younger drivers.
- A charge for additional drivers.
Images of Australia
Click image to view