Insurance, breakdowns, accidents, damage to your hired campervan
Each campervan or motorhome rental company has different costs and requirements for insurance, but, regardless of the company, the following information is likely to apply for any hired campervan or motorhome. As with anything else, it is best to check the details with the supplier before agreeing to hire a vehicle.
- It is reasonable to expect any vehicle you rent will be insured, for which you may be required to pay a bond at the time of rental.
- Most companies allow you to reduce the liability for damage by paying a higher rental cost.
- In the event of an accident or other damage to the vehicle, you will be liable to pay an excess.
- You may be required to pay for the time for which the vehicle is unavailable.
- It is strongly recommended that you have travel insurance.
- Vehicle insurance may also cover you for personal injury but it is recommended that travel insurance includes personal injury.
- It is likely that any insurance claim will be invalid if the driver is in breach of any law, for example drink driving.
- Most rental companies offer 24-hour roadside assistance if the vehicle breaks down.
Images of Australia
Click image to view